How to reset the chip of Maintenance Container for Canon W6400/8400
1) Turn off the printer, press the Paper Source key and the Information key at the same time, then press the key of power.
2) Stop pressing until Initializing appears on the panel.
3) If having put in roll paper, press the key of Online twice, Service Mode will appear on the panel. Otherwise, press Online once, Service Mode will appear.
4) Then press the key of ↓ three times, Counter Initialize W-Ink will appear on the panel in turn. Then choose Yes, the W-Ink will change into = W-Ink. After the = disappears, then the chip is reseted.
2. How to Disable Ink Level Detection
1) Turn on the printer, then press ONLINE twice.
2) Press the key of →, look for SYSTEM SETUP
3) Then press the key of ↓, look for STOP INK CHECK
4) Then press the key of ↓again, look for BK INK TANK
5) Press ok key to find stop function? NO, press → to find stop function? Yes;
6) Press ok key again, then Yes will change into = Yes, when the = disappears, the ink inspecting is stopped.
7) Press the key of ↑ twice and back to BK INK TANK, then press the key of → to find other color options of C, LC, M, and LM separately. Repeat the steps of 5-7, stop the ink inspecting of other colors.
8) When you finish above steps, there is ? under every color.
9) Press the online when you hear the voice of buzz if you give the printing assignment to printer.
3. How to empty the residual ink in the lines
1) Turn on the printer, then press ONLINE twice to enter MAIN MENU.
2) Then press the key of →, look for MAINTENANCE.
3) Then press the key of ↓, look for REPLACE P.HEAD. Then press the key of →, look for MOVE PRINTER. Then press →, look for YES and then press the key of OK.
4) Remove the cartridges, then the printer will expel ink automatically.
5) After the lines are empty, the printer will turn off automatically.
6) Attention: empty the maintenance container at the same time.
4. How to clean the cartridge
1) Draw inks out of the cartridges with syringe. Then inject pure water into cartridges for cleaning.
2) Repeat refilling pure water until the cartridges are thoroughly clean.
3) Empty the clean cartridges for later refilling.
5. How to refill the cartridge
1) Tools required: six pieces of syringe (60ml preferred), two pieces of blunt needle (See picture 1)
2) How to refill
① There are two holes in the bottom of the cartridge; either is ok for venting air, the other refilling. (See picture 2)
② Draw ink from the bottle with the syringe. (Picture 3)
③ Insert the ink into the refilling hole slowly until the cartridge is full. (See picture 4) Meanwhile, pay attention to the air-out hole, once the ink overflows; draw 3-4ml out with syringe immediately.
④ For refilling other colors, repeat the steps ② to ③.
① Be sure to keep in mind to check the quantity of the cartridge. If go on printing without ink, the print head will be damaged seriously.
② The quantity of refill ink should be no more than 330ml.
③ To immit the ink slowly in order to observe the air-out hole if there is ink overflows, which can avoid wasting ink.
④ Remember to clean the needle with tissue after each color of refilling.
Turn on the printer. Install the cartridges according to the instructions. Then the printer will absorb the ink into line automatically. It will take about 20 minutes.
After you stop ink inspecting, ERROR will be appeared in the printer panel after you send the printing assignment each time. Just press ONLINE, the printer will go on printing.
1) Sealed, keep away from sunshine, under 5℃-30℃.
Once opened, sealed, keep away from sunshine, better to use up in 3 month.
2). Shelf life: two years from the date produced. And if the cover is opened, six months in winter and three months in summer at most.